If you have been accused of a crime in Fairfax County (or anywhere in Northern Virginia) you should learn as much as possible about your charge and take steps to protect your record.
You need a Fairfax criminal defense attorney that has extensive experience in the county, as well as years of practice as both a prosecutor and a defense lawyer. Defense attorneys with this kind of background know precisely what types of tactics a prosecutor will use during your case—and how to best defend you against those strategies.
Michael Robinson, Esq., is such an attorney. He has practiced law on both sides of the courtroom in the Commonwealth of Virginia and has a passion for defending the accused in Fairfax County. If you face charges in any of the areas of law listed below, contact him now for a free consultation. He will patiently discuss your case with you and advise you on the best course of action.
My Expertise as a Fairfax Criminal Attorney
- Assault and Battery—this charge has a high legal standard to be proven, especially if the battery is considered a felony. A good criminal defense lawyer will be able to effectively question whether or not intent and/or malice was involved in your case, and thus help reduce the charges, if not get them dismissed.
- Domestic Violence—this charge carries a true stigma with it, and prosecutors possess a special energy when pursuing it. You will need an unshakeable criminal defense attorney that knows how difficult it can be to prove domestic violence, and how to counteract the prosecution’s strategy.
- Drug Charges—it takes true skill to get a drug charge reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor, and the differences in various charges can mean fewer years in prison and far smaller fines.
- DUI & DWI—these charges can severely restrict your right to drive, especially if your DUI or DWI case is not your first offense. You will need an attorney who understands how to challenge breathalyzer results, procedures followed after a routine traffic stop, and other possible openings for a strong defense. Judges in Fairfax are cracking down on DUIs – don’t be one of the many people whose records are permanently stained by not ‘lawyering-up’.
- Federal Cases—cases involving federal charges are different than others. The prosecutors operate differently, judges view the law differently and the courts are not the same as county and state courts. Not all Fairfax criminal defense attorneys are licensed to practice in federal court, but Attorney Michael Robinson is.
- Larceny—this crime is more serious than you might believe, especially if it is judged grand larceny. Even shoplifting can rise into this category. For grand larceny, sentences can range from 1 to 20 years; you need a criminal defense lawyer to get the charge reduced to a misdemeanor level. Petit larceny is a misdemeanor, but can still result in jail time and a fine up to $2,500.
- Malicious Wounding—if you were involved in an incident in which someone became injured, the evidence must indicate malice or a permanent, severe injury suffered by the victim. An effective criminal defense lawyer will know how to combat this tricky charge.
- Probation Violations—some local residents unknowingly violate the terms of their probation. They might fail to report to their probation officer during a particular month, for example, but often an immediate arrest is made and a probation hearing is held. A skilled criminal defense attorney can make a huge difference at this hearing.
More Information About Each Charge
- Probation Violation Lawyer in Fairfax
- Larceny Lawyer in Fairfax
- Drug Charge Lawyer in Fairfax, VA
- Domestic Violence Lawyer in Fairfax, VA
- Malicious Wounding Lawyer in Fairfax, VA
- Assault & Battery Lawyer in Fairfax, VA
- Federal Criminal Lawyer in Fairfax, VA
- DUI & DWI Lawyer in Fairfax, VA
Whether you live in Fairfax, Arlington, Ashburn, Mclean, Manassas, or anywhere else in Northern Virginia a qualified criminal defense attorney can help you. Any attorney licensed in the state of Virginia can come to your defense. Contact Michael A. Robinson, a Fairfax attorney who always fights hard for his clients in all areas of criminal defense.