If you ever face charges for a crime in Fauquier County, one attorney stands above the rest to come to your defense.
This Fauquier Country criminal defense lawyer has vast experience in the county and years of practice as both a prosecutor and a defense lawyer in the Commonwealth of Virginia. As a result, he knows exactly what tactics a prosecutor will use and how to best defend you against those arguments.
Michael Robinson, Esq., is the attorney you need to defend you if you are ever accused of a crime in Fauquier County. He can help you combat any charges in the areas of criminal law listed below. You can contact him for a free consultation, where he will discuss your case with you and lay out your options and best course of action.
Michael Robinson: Fauquier Criminal Lawyer
Attorney Michael Robinson can help in any of these areas of criminal law:
- Assault and Battery—this charge can range from a misdemeanor assault to a felony battery. Much has to be proven for this to rise to a felony, however, including unquestionable evidence of intent to harm and malice. A skilled Fauquier criminal defense lawyer can raise doubt about your charges and help to get them reduced or dismissed.
- Domestic Violence—prosecutors typically draw on special energy when pursuing this charge. You will need a steady criminal defense attorney that knows how to bring doubt into the case over whether actual domestic violence took place.
- Drug Charges—the best criminal defense lawyers get most drug charges reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor. This means fewer years in prison and smaller fines for those who benefit from the services of a competent criminal defense attorney.
- DUI & DWI—these charges can mount up quickly and result in habitual offender status, which can lead to jail time. If your DUI or DWI case is not your first offense, you are going to need a lawyer that understands all possible challenges to procedures that were followed after a routine traffic stop, breathalyzer results and other openings for a solid defense.
- Federal Cases—cases involving crimes committed on federal property involve different judges, laws and courts. Not all Fauquier County criminal defense attorneys are licensed to practice in federal court, but Attorney Michael Robinson is.
- Larceny—this crime can be very serious if it is judged to be grand larceny, which can include even simple shoplifting. Sentences can range from 1 to 20 years. A skilled criminal defense lawyer can get the charge reduced to a misdemeanor. Petit larceny is a misdemeanor, but can still lead to jail time and heavy fines.
- Malicious Wounding—this serious charge has a high legal standard. An insightful criminal defense attorney will know how to question the evidence of intent of malice. S/he can also raise doubts about the severity of the injury of the victim, another prerequisite for this charge.
- Probation Violations—some people unknowingly violate the terms of their probation, by failing to report to their probation officer one month, for example. When probation is violated, an immediate arrest is often made and a probation hearing is held. A criminal defense attorney by your side can make an enormous difference at this hearing.
Whether you live in Warrenton or Upperville, a gifted Virginia criminal defense attorney can assist you greatly. Contact Michael A. Robinson as soon as possible, a Fauquier County attorney who has always vigorously defended his clients in all areas of criminal law.